It has been a month ago since I raised quality issues on map data added on
a possible local government-led mapping project in some municipalities in
Batangas near Taal Volcano. Last December, we have seen a spike in mapping
activity around the municipalities of Taal, Lemery, San Luis, San Nicolas,
and Santa Teresita in Batangas, and involves around 24+ users, many mapping
using accounts with their real names. I opened a papercut_fix ticket (
https://github.com/OSMPH/papercut_fix/issues/56), partially cleaned up the
questionable edits, sent private emails to some of the users involved, and
asked GOwin and maning on GitHub to contact directly any of the LGUs
involved, but there has been no response since then. Since the 2020
eruption of Taal Volcano, I have thought of a possibility the organized
mapping project has something to do with disaster preparedness (taking in
account the location of those municipalities around Taal Volcano), though
it also equally possible the editing is also for land use planning (for
Comprehensive Land Use Plan maps) and other purposes. Can someone follow up
attempts to contact the LGUs, especially through their disaster risk
reduction/management or planning/development offices (though this may not
be possible due to the lockdown on the volcano danger zone), or bring up
any previous attempts to contact them?

--TagaSanPedroAko