Hi everyone,

This is Andrew again from Apple. I wanted to let everyone know that we just
updated the MapRoulette challenges related to road network issues in the
Philippines with new OSM data.

You can find all of the challenges in this MapRoulette project:
https://maproulette.org/browse/projects/39286
<https://maproulette.org/browse/projects/39286> and they include things like
overly sharp road angles, roads that cross but aren’t connected, roads that
aren’t connected to anything, overlapping roads, turn restrictions, roads that
are close but not connected to others, and other similar issues. I plan to work
on some of them myself too.

If you haven’t used it before, MapRoulette lets you go through potential issues
in OSM data one by one and either correct them or indicate they are not a
problem. The challenges were created with our Atlas data analysis tool:
https://github.com/osmlab/atlas <https://github.com/osmlab/atlas>.

If you aren’t sure what challenge to try, sharp angles or crossing roads are
probably the easiest but they should all be fairly straightforward.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions or feedback. Thank you!

Andrew

Andrew Wiseman |  Maps | iPhone: +1.202.270.4464 | andrew_wise...@apple.com
<mailto:andrew_wise...@apple.com>