From: Sander Deryckere <sander...@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, Mar 6, 2013 at 10:50 AM
Subject: [Talk-transit] OpenLinkMap
To: Public transport/transit/shared taxi related topics
<talk-tran...@openstreetmap.org>

We are wondering if your PT system has a schedules website, where the
URL is defined on the reference of the stop.

For example, my nearest bus stop has reference 303140, and you can see
the schedule by going to the URL mijnlijn.be/303140

Since the reference is also in OSM data
(osm.org/browse/node/1396600989) , openlinkmap.org has created a
visualisation based on this.
If you use the transport layer of OpenLinkMap, you can click on a bus
stop, and immediately go to the schedule website.

http://www.openlinkmap.org/?zoom=18&lat=50.87653&lon=4.68475&layers=BFFFTTF

Now, to have as many PT companies as possible included, we need your help.

If you know about such a website for your local PT company, and you
know how the reference values are stored in OSM data. We invite you to
add your PT company to OpenLinkMap by editing this file:
https://github.com/rurseekatze/OpenLinkMap/blob/master/locales/departures.xml

The format is Osmosis Tagtransform format, so you can read
documentation about it here:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Osmosis/TagTransform. This also
means, in the future, other services (s.a. smartphone apps) will be
able to use this file to link to the right websites.

Note that Alexander did all the work. I just want to create some buzz for it.

Regards,
Sander

/emj