Nice find. Digesting now.

One of the problems with the unified stoparea proposal is that it suggests
mapping one way per tram/rail track, which currently looks a bit of a mess
in the default renderers.

Going forward, we'll have to address this somehow. Either we have a way per
track, and leave renderers to somehow figure out how to draw a single line
through the middle, or have a way per track except at stations, or have a
way per track plus a way down the middle for the 'line' (though this'd be a
bit confusing when editing).

Frankie

On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 8:23 AM, Peter Miller <peter.mil...@itoworld.com>wrote:

> I have been catching up on this great proposal to unify bus/tram/rail
> interchange modelling....
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/unified_stoparea
>
> Here is a CEN standards document that has lots of great diagrams of
> all sorts of transport interchanges from the very large to very small
> from pages 42 to 66 on this document and proposes how they should be
> modelled by the professional community in the EU. It is a very new
> standard, not yet signed off, that covers everything that NaPTAN does
> not cover.
> http://www.naptan.org.uk/ifopt/
>
> It is worth looking at for ideas about modelling and for suitable
> terminology. The example interchanges would be good resources against
> which to test our proposed modelling against before doing loads of
> coding of actual places.
>

> Regards,
>

> Peter

Frankie Roberto