Let the relevant community decide - in the West Mids we had a lot of
exisiting bus stops so it made sense to have them imported as silent. It
means a lot of work for us verifying and turning them on, but at least in
JOSM we can differentiate between surveyed and imported bus stops - and it
gets us to resurvey lots of areas which results in a much more accurate map.
Agree with Andy that "Verified=No" is more intuitive than "Unverified=Yes".
On CUS stops I still think, as a mapper, these should not be tagged as  no
marker exists on the ground, but I can see why the Public Transport people
want to see them. Perhaps we should just tag them
highway=bus_stop_customary? Could future public sector apps still parse
these as bus_stop, thereby satisfying public transport aims, whilst not
rendering to satisfy mapping aims?

I'm having some issues with HAR - presumably this is on hold until a later
date.

Regards

Brian