From: talk-transit-boun...@openstreetmap.org
[mailto:talk-transit-boun...@openstreetmap.org] On Behalf Of Peter Miller
Sent: 05 November 2009 9:47 AM
To: Public transport/transit/shared taxi related topics
Subject: Re: [Talk-transit] Abbreviations in naptan:indicator

On 4 Nov 2009, at 22:40, Christoph Böhme wrote:

> Bryce McKinlay <bmckin...@gmail.com> schrieb:
>
>> 2009/11/4 Christoph Böhme <christ...@b3e.net>:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I am trying to make sense of the abbrevations used in the
>>> naptan:indicator tag. adj and opp are clear but I cannot work out
>>> what bey and bef are supposed to mean.
>>
>> Beyond / Before ?
>
> Yes, that sounds likely. But then beyond or before what? I tried to
> work out the meaning of the indicators on the stops shown here [1],
> but to me both are beyond or before Princethorpe Road.

You can read about about the NaPTAN standard [1] however the list of
preferred values for indicator in table 3.12 (page 54) don't match
very well with what I see being used and doesn't contain Before and
Beyond. For example 'adj' is missing from the list which is frequently
used for 'adjacent'.

Do be aware that the use of the indicator field is still being refined
and not everything that is in the current database is good practice.

Possibly Roger (Slevin) or Peter (Stoner) will be able to give us some
more detail on this.

[1] http://www.dft.gov.uk/naptan/schema/schemas.htm#2.2

Regards,

Peter