On 11 Nov 2009, at 16:23, Ed Loach wrote:

> Looking at the bus stops I've verified, and in particular ones on
> roads where I've verified some but not others, would it be possible
> to have a different colour (I'm using Peter Miller scheme at
> present) for unverified stops with type CUS? I can't think of any
> easy way of verifying those other than hang around all day hoping
> someone will get on or off (or perhaps trying to get on at one and
> trying to get off at another).

I was going to suggest that the 'Peter Miller' style was retired and
that we use the Hull standard as a starting point - I have moved to
use Chris's style personally. Anyone feel strongly about it?

I would support Ed's suggestion - also that the phrase 'not physically
present' is changed to 'customary' (which can be defined if necessary)
to clarify the difference between a bus stop that does exist at all
and no buses ever call at it (I have found some of those) and
customary ones which are 'virtual' stops and do exist in schedules but
don't have poles.

Can I suggest Ed, that when you have the visualisation you need from
Novam sorted out that you head to the busman's canteen at the local
bus station and get some bus drivers to review the customary stops
view and see if they spot any that aren't actually in use. It's
amusing to find the ones where the bus drivers disagree with each
other about whether customary stops do or do not exist - I had that
strange experience once with a place my kids were needing to get to,
and it turned out that the older drivers stopped and the younger ones
didn't (not an entirely satisfactory situation really)!

Regards,

Peter