Hello,

thank you for trying the plugin.

> Cool. So far I've seen a new menu item "Public transport" having
> appearing in my main menu. Anything else to discover?

No, that's all so far. At the moment, the plugin facilitates to build bus
services when the underlying streets and bus stops already exist. This wizard
can be accessed via the menu item in this menu.

A second wizard should simplify adding bus stops such that one can map them by
just going by a particular bus line with a gps logger in the pocket plus some
mouse clicks. But I think, I should rather complete the first wizard, then
start the second.

> If you were asking for a wishlist: Double-click routes or stops should
> actually select the relation/node and center the editor's view on the
> latter.

Do you mean "Double-click" on stops on the map should center the stop in the
editor window. Or double click in the editor should center the map to the
item? How are routes (i.e. relations) visible in the map (I have not found
them?)

> What's the "Tags"-tab used for? It's empty when I loaded my
> Leipzig public transport data.

I'm sorry, the "tags" tab is not yet implemented. I'll do this next, but one
has to use the standard relation editor as a replacement for the moment.

> I haven't discovered yet how the "Suggest stops" feature works.

The idea behind this is that adding an itinerary and adding the bus stops for
a certain service means to do essentially twice the same thing. Generating
the bus stops automatically from a given itinerary is easier than the other
way round. Thus, this is implemented so far.

The algorithm takes the given itinerary (this is a long sequence of line
segments) and adds all bus stops that are closer to one of these line
segments than the threshold "Maximum distance from routes" and one side. As
bus stops usually appear in both directions but buses have doors only on one
side, all stops in the correct direction must be either on the right hand
side or all on the left hand side. To illustrate
http://78.46.81.38/misc/suggest_stops.png

For the sake of simplicity, the "suggest stops" replaces all previous stops
and assigns no role to the bus stops. But this behaviour can be changed if
otherwise useful.

Cheers,

Roland