On 15 Jul 2010, at 08:59, Michał Borsuk wrote:

On 15.07.2010 09:53, Peter Miller wrote:

This is a problem when it comes to creating clear map rendering where one wants to snap the stop to correct side of the correct road and not left them floating as they are currently. An additional complication comes when one wants to position the symbol correctly when the road widths on the rendering are exaggerated requiring the node to be nudged sideways for it to not appear within the junction itself.

I propose that we formalise a couple of NaPTAN tags into the main bus stop schema and try these with a SF import.

As far as I know, the current trend is to add the bus stop to the lines (relations) which stop there.
http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/node/354589964
Does that fit your situation?

Good point, but it only helps when the relations exist - and that requires someone to maintain the relations which is a problem and don't always happen.

It is still then difficult to decide which road to put the stop against on the rendering and also where exactly to route a person on foot to in order to the bus stop.

Personally I don't like the idea of requiring routes in order to establish something physical and this is a solution to that problem.

Needless to say this is not a mandatory field!

Peter

Regards,

LMB

--
Jesli czytasz ten podpis, to znaczy że obijam się w biurze :: LMB