On Fri, Jan 14, 2011 at 11:46 AM, ant <antof...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Example: If a housenumber is located exactly on the corner of two
> streets (and no street name attached to it), an algorithm could only guess
> which street it belongs to. Probably similar ambiguities are possible for
> bus stops as well (even if only in a very few cases). My opinion: we should
> require no stop position nodes neither stop area relations for simple and
> clear cases. But we should have a solid scheme at hand just in case we need
> them.

Bus stops tend to be a lot closer to the road than houses, and don't
tend to stop on corners, so I struggle to envisage a situation where
it is actually ambiguous. Any ambiguity could probably be resolved by
simply putting the node closer to the correct road. If it's only a
small number of cases, it's unlikely anyone would bother processing
the relation data (they'd just accept a tiny error rate).

Richard