On 02.02.2011 13:04, Michał Borsuk wrote:
Let's just get down to differences, I say your proposal is too
difficult. I've already spoken well about its data integrity, but new
users don't care about it. We need something that is as good as yours in
data integrity, and as easy to grasp as my proposals.

Yours is good for beginners. And yours is also good for a white area mapper.

Advanced mappers are not happy with it. In an "every dog shit" area a mapper wants to map with a higher resolution then highway=bus_stop can provide. And an "every dog shit" mapper is possibly interested in mapping detailed geo-based meta information like routes.

I tried to reduce my proposal to allow simpler cases. stop_area_group has been completely removed. A lot is now optional (stop_position, platform, stop_area, route_master). So it should be possible for beginners to learn step-by-step what they want/need. And one relation per direction is easier to explain then forward/backward roles.

And I do not think we (mappers) can replace an existing public transport routing solution like hafas (too complex and too dynamic). The maximum possible in my opinion is to import this data into OSM. But with a single route relation solution I do not see such a solution.

Teddych