> That only works if there is one stop_area relation per direction of
> travel. At the moment the wiki states to use a stop_area relation for all
> PT related stuff that is near to each other. I need to relate the platform
> nodes to the nearby way, sometimes by means of a stop_position node,
> sometimes with help of a stop_area relation.

I don't see what attributes of a stop/platform could be dependant on the
direction, do you have examples ?
Anyway, if there really is different informations on each stop, it is okay
to put them in the nodes/way and only put data applicable to all stops in
the stop_area in the stop_area relation.

This is the usual way of using relations : aggregate common data between
multiple features in a relation containing said features, and if there is
differences between these features put the tags directly on the nodes/ways.