Hi

Whilst tidying up UK railway stations so buildings were tagged as 'train_station', I've come across some points which I don't understand. Could someone help clarify?

 * Is station=subway used to indicate a station that's part of a
   specific network or if it's physically subterranean? There are
   currently many tagged as such which are in the open air:
   http://overpass-turbo.eu/s/zjc. The wiki doesn't help much: "subway
   is used to describe a subway station".
   https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:station%3Dsubway

 * Why is railway=halt a main tag instead of 'railway=station,
   station=halt'. To me a halt is a subtype of station, similar to
   'station=subway'.

 * Stop Area relations - What are they for? What benefit is there in
   having what appears to be quite random items (bike parking, cafes
   etc) in a relation
   <https://www.openstreetmap.org/relation/4713070#map=17/51.26848/-1.08883>?
   I thought creating relations as a 'collection of things' was
   discouraged. This one even includes telephones!
   https://www.openstreetmap.org/relation/4713070#map=17/51.26848/-1.08883

 * Is there only one naptan:AtcoCode per station & should be added to
   the item with the 'railway=station' tag or are there individual ones
   for each stop point? The wiki, again, isn't clear.

Cheers
DaveF