On 5/29/2019 11:35 AM, Alexey Zakharenkov via Talk-transit wrote:
Hello everybody!

I'm a part of team who worries about public transport status in OSM database,
especially rapid transit transport. I want to represent a public transport
validator+generator that somebody might find a useful facility. It's open
source:

https://github.com/mapsme/subways

Given a list of transport networks it generates output suitable not only for
rendering PT routes but also for routing. Meanwhile it finds errors like gaps
in rail/road sequence in a route, absent/doubling station at a stop, etc. We
run the validator daily and publish the results at

http://osm-subway.maps.me

The page shows that even large and important subway systems (like New York
Subway) in OSM DB are currently corrupted and therefore unusable for practical
purposes. Difficulties occur not only due to negligent mapping but also due to
misalignment how to map PT. I call you, who is interested in PT, to use this
instrument, evaluate it and give feedback. We're ready to improve this tool for
the community sake and take into account worthwhile suggestions.

Thank you for your attention.
I'm ready to answer any questions.

Best regards,
Alexey

Hi Alexey -- I've seen this same validator on Ilya Zverev's personal
page ( http://osmz.ru/subways/ ). This one hosted at
http://osm-subway.maps.me looks like it's a slightly updated version --
should  http://osmz.ru/subways/ be considered obsolete?

The New York City subways (also busses, ferries) really are in a sorry
state. Personally I've been waiting for some consensus to develop on
transit tagging schemes before I plunge into this mess. Of course I
could be waiting forever. So at the risk of derailing this thread (ha
ha), what are Maps.me's recommendations for subway tagging?

Thanks, Jason