What's wrong with consulting a timetable?

Maps show you where you can go, timetables tell you when .

DaveF

On 01/06/2021 01:18, Michael Tsang wrote:
> I think you are missing the point that GB is not a city.

> Cities are densly pack and urban transport systems reflect this. In
London tube trains simply stop at every station.

> This structure will not work when it comes to rural stations, and what
we have works very well. It would not be efficient to stop every trains
at stations which only have a few dozen passengers in a day.

Other European countries are doing it much better. The routes are numbered. There are designated express services with stops only in big cities. The rural stations have only local stopping services which call at every stop en-route.

We don't even have a useful route map from train companies that can work out which train I should take without consulting the timetable.