On Tue, Jun 1, 2021, 14:15 Dave F via Talk-transit <
talk-transit@openstreetmap.org> wrote:

> On 01/06/2021 18:07, Jarek Piórkowski wrote:
>
> On Tue, Jun 1, 2021, 12:38 Dave F via Talk-transit <
> talk-transit@openstreetmap.org> wrote:

>> > To consult a timetable you need to know what station to use.
>>
>> Then map the stations!
>>

> So we've mapped the stations Windsor and Eton Central and Windsor and Eton
> Riverside, now how do we know which station timetable to consult to find
> out how to get to Paddington? Riverside is marginally closer to Paddington
> as the bird flies.
>

> You use a 'timetable' https://www.nationalrail.co.uk/ a make a sentient
> decision based on what you discover.

Why bother with OSM at all then? Just look at a Ordnance Survey map and use
your sentience to find what you're looking for.

You appear to assume OSM should contain all the data in the world and make
> you tea & toast each morning. It doesn't, & can't.

Sorry, what's the tag for toast, is it highway=toast_shop?