Hi Dennis and Rex and thanks for your quick answer!

On Mon, Mar 7, 2016 at 6:47 PM, Rex Tsai <rex.cc.t...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Aly, Ln, Sec, Rd is the convention[1], the wiki[2] should be updated.
> (wiki is down for now)

Wiki updated. I kept the existing example and added another one.

> BTW, we don't have good convention for key:addr[3] with english[4]. It

I tried to check the Chinese version of the link and it leads me to
even less data:

http://taginfo.osm.kcwu.csie.org/keys/addr:street:en → 12 objects total
http://taginfo.osm.kcwu.csie.org/keys/addr:street:zh → 4 objects total

I'm not an expert in OSM datasets, my understanding is these data are
used to be able to locate an address number (號) on the map in order to
precisely determine the location of a whole address?
Could that be generated programmatically? For instance, on an
uninterrupted section of a road, you define the first number and the
last one (e.g. 25 and 37), and a tool would generate and spread the
missing ones (27 29 31 33 35) at an equal distance from each others?

Pierre Equoy