Sorry to cross-post if you are on the Talk-US list, but for anyone who has
contacts in GA, please pass along this announcement for the upcoming GA
mapping events.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Thea Clay <t...@cloudmade.com>
Date: Tue, Sep 8, 2009 at 9:44 AM
Subject: [Talk-us] Reminder: Atlanta Mapping Party September 12-13
To: "talk...@openstreetmap.org" <talk...@openstreetmap.org>

Hello fellow mappers!
I wanted to send everyone a reminder that the Atlanta, Georgia OSM community
is having a mapping party this Saturday and Sunday. We will be mapping the
area in and around Centennial Olympic Park on Saturday and Grant Park and
Zoo Atlanta on Sunday. The event is shaping up to be fairly large and if our
other mapping parties are any indication, we are going to have a lot of fun.
Check out the wiki for all of the event details and to learn more about the
projects we are working on in Georgia:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Atlanta

This event is the first in a series of mapping parties happening in Georgia
throughout the remainder of the year. The mapping party this weekend is an
introduction to OSM for a lot of community groups and municipal GIS
departments who are helping the local mapping community make the map of
Atlanta as good as some of the other major North American and Canadian
cities. I want to encourage all the OSM mappers around the Atlanta area to
attend because we have a ton of newbies coming and it would be great to have
just as many experienced mappers there as well to show them the ropes.

We are also hosting a huge citywide Mapathon on October 16-18, 2009 to bring
as many community groups and new mappers as possible together with the
already awesome local OSM community to ramp up contributions to the Atlanta
map and expand the base of mappers. These upcoming mapping events are very
exciting for the mappers who have been working on the map of Georgia for
quite some time now. Especially since our efforts are now being noticed by
business associations, universities and established non-profit organizations
who want to help us reach our goal of making the Atlanta map one of the best
in the country.

I hope to see many of you there!

Best,
Thea Clay