Well there is a proposed waterway=floodway
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Proposed_features/Floodway but that
is listed as man-made

Perhaps waterway=river and natural=drywash when it is natural.  My feeling
is when something hasn't been accepted as the standard tag, use a noremal
tag, with an added tag to clarify.

Dale

On Wed, Oct 1, 2008 at 7:33 PM, Joseph Scanlan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Wed, 1 Oct 2008, David Carmean wrote:
>
> > I'm currently wishing we had an entire new set of
> > "hydrology=something" feature tags :)
>
> I've often wondered how to tag dry washes here in the desert southwest.
> I suppose they could be tagged as waterway=drain in town when they have
> a man made channel.  That just doesn't feel right when we have a natural
> channel.
>
> --
> Joseph Scanlan                               http://www.qsl.net/n7xsd
> +1-702-455-3679 <http://www.qsl.net/n7xsd+1-702-455-3679>
>               http://n7xsd.dyndns.org
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] (work)                   (not work) [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Dale Puch