> does the census bureau publish any sort of a "diff", or "delta" dataset?
> i'd think that just in terms of raw crunching that having just the
> differences from year to year would save a lot of work, both manual
> and CPU-cycles.

Not that I've seen.  What they do publish is the TLID and TZID numbers in
their data.  These are permanent segment and node numbers which do not
change from one Tiger release to the next, so you can do your own
comparisons and updates.  It also means that if you want to synchronize
with them, you need to keep and maintain their TLID and TZID numbers.

- Alan