On 4/12/09 11:23 AM, Joseph Jon Booker wrote:
> On Sun, 12 Apr 2009 08:39:45 -0700
> Apollinaris Schoell<ascho...@gmail.com>  wrote:
>
>> 2 relations are easier. adding role to thousands of members is a
>> pain. and we need to split relations with API 0.6 anyway
>>
> So how do we handle the case where a US route is cosigned with an
> interstate?
>
> 1. add both motorways to new route relations that signify the direction
> of the original US route, and have no relation between those relations
> and the original US route?
> 2. Have both ways part of the original US route, with no direction
> information?
> 3. Same as number one, but have the new us routes added to a
> "super-relation" for the original US route

Potlatch can't handle super-relations, as far as I can tell. Will
Potlatch users be able to edit highways that have been tagged according
to #3? I know we shouldn't be tagging for the renderer, but what about
tagging for the editor? :-)

--
Minh Nguyen<m...@zoomtown.com>
AIM: trycom2000; Jabber: m...@1ec5.org; Blog: http://notes.1ec5.org/