hi russ --

russ wrote:
 > On Apr 22, 2009, at 9:46 AM, Paul Fox wrote:
 >
 > Hey there, Paul, I'm glad to see you working on OSM.

<plug>
i am, but in a somewhat tangential way.  i've been maintaining
RoadMap for several years now, and added OSM support to it some
time ago.  RoadMap can convert and display either quadtile-based
downloads, or country-sized downloads (for small countries --
bigger countries are an issue right now).  RoadMaps Tiger support
hasn't been extended to the new tiger shapefile format, and i'm
not too worried about it since OSM is clearly going to be the
right place to go for free maps for some time to come.
</plug>

thanks for the josm tips.  since i've been using the Tiger maps
in new england for many years, i'm confident i could "review"
many roads pretty quickly.

paul