Mike,
Check out http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/US_National_Park_Service_Data
 and http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/US_Forest_Service_Data on the wiki.
See also http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Potential_Datasources#U.S. to
see about sources in your state (and be sure to add any you find).

I imported the national parks and forest boundaries in my area from the
local Forest service GIS database. Depending on the rules governing
copyright of municipalities in your state there may be state, county or city
data that is public domain.

Also for national shapefiles see
http://nationalatlas.gov/atlasftp.html#fedlanp (lowish resolution shapefile
of all of the federal lands)
and specificially for all national park boundaries
http://science.nature.nps.gov/nrdata/datastore.cfm?ID=47653 (all of the
national parks in the country, some appear to be very accurate)

If you are to use either be sure to limit the import to your area of
interest as many people have already done quite a bit of work on individual
parks.

-Tyler