Perhaps I am going about this the wrong way, but I am about ready to
give up.

<rant>
I started uploading the forest boundaries for Arizona using JOSM.
Working well so far. However I saw that I made a mistake with one of the
tags. So now I started re-uploading all my data using my original OSM
files to correct the tag mistake.

I used my original OSM files because I cannot see a way of downloading
just my data, even though I have a unique UUID tag for it all. The data
covers 1000's of square miles and JOSM will only let you tediously
download it in small pieces, along with vast amounts of other data that
is not interesting to me.

When I go to upload I am getting conflicts saying someone else has
modified a primitive. I have a choice to keep mine or use theirs. There
is no indication in JOSM of which node this is and seemingly no way of
working out what the change is. So I blindly choose to use theirs - err
on the side of caution.

I go through this cycle about 20 times and start to see a pattern -
someone has deleted an entire section of the national forest, even
though I got this data from the US Forest Service. What?? Am I wasting
my time with this?

OK, so now I want to see all the changes that have been made and I try
to update the current data set. Oops. JOSM won't let you do that because
I haven't downloaded anything. Strange, because it will let me update
single nodes and selections. However the selections have to be 50 nodes
or less, which is totally useless. My dataset has maybe 1,000 nodes.

OK, perhaps I can just delete that changed section from my file and
upload the rest, fixing the tags for that - nope - JOSM wants to delete
from the server the data I delete. That's not what I want because I'm
not sure what effect that would have.

So now I'm thinking that maybe I will just leave that incorrect tag in
there for someone else to worry about, as this is now too much of a hassle.
</rant>

If I am going about this the wrong way please let me know.

Andy

--
Andy
PGP Key ID: 0xDC1B5864