OK, I'll give that a try.

Except I am now in a mess with the JOSM plugins. I made the mistake of
clicking on "Update" because the waydownloader plugin wasn't installing.

validator requires JOSM 1725
waydownloader requires JOSM 1722
wmsplugin requires JOSM 1722

They won't run on the latest version 1743.
They won't run on version 1720.

Unfortuanately JOSM 1722 - 1727 have a critical bug and are blocked from
editing data.

So I am stuck again, but now with JOSM and it's plugins.

Andy

Andy
PGP Key ID: 0xDC1B5864