At 2009-07-16 18:41, you wrote:
>I propose to run a script that downgrades every motorway_link to the
>highest road type to which it is connected.

>Preliminary analysis shows that there would be roughly 28k changes
>across the whole US. I have prepared a full list of all proposed
>changes, arranged by state and county, here:
>
>http://www.remote.org/frederik/tmp/us-motorway-link-downgrade/

In San Bernardino County, CA, all but two of these were cases where the
motorway_link was a ramp that had not been connected to the motorway (which
I fixed). I'd encourage others to review and connect the ramps in their
area of interest that are not connected, and for the bulk change to be run
after that.

Alternatively, maybe a script could be written to automatically link these
unconnected roadways if their unconnected endpoint falls within a small
distance (feet) of a motorway and then re-evaluate what is left.

--
Alan Mintz <alan_mintz+...@earthlink.net>