Anthony writes:
 > On Fri, Nov 13, 2009 at 9:15 PM, Anthony <o...@inbox.org> wrote:
 > > On Fri, Nov 13, 2009 at 6:57 PM, Dave Hansen <d...@sr71.net> wrote:
 > >> We'll work on making sure that these data look good and I think some
 > >> people have some plans on how to get these integrated a bit at a time.
 > >
 > > And hopefully in some places not at all.  In many locations there's
 > > way more accurate data than TIGER.
 >
 > For examples of how bad TIGER data is, see
 > http://maps.huge.info/geocoder/ and

That URL doesn't work ... as an example of bad TIGER data.  I checked
four addresses, and every one of them was correct within about 30 feet.
Presumably your experience is different.  What addresses did you try?

Some many locations TIGER data is quite good in location and name.  Of
course, it has the structural problem of not knowing about bridges,
but we can and are fixing that.

Crynwr supports open source software
521 Pleasant Valley Rd. | +1 315-323-1241
Potsdam, NY 13676-3213  |     Sheepdog