> In this case, I'd say the renderer is right.  Both access=private and
> access=no mean essentially the same thing - you aren't allowed there without
> explicit approval.  In the case of access=no, that approval happens to come
> from a government agency, but I see no reason that needs to be drawn
> differently.

I disagree, perhaps access=private and access=no do mean the same thing, but
in that case access=no is not a good option for a closed bridge.  There are
two distinct situations:

   1. A road/bridge is private and access is only allowed for specified
   users.  Condition of the road is fine, so even if you are not allowed, you
   could choose to break the rules and use the road/bridge as long as there is
   no gate.
   2. A road/bridge is closed because it is unsafe, under construction, or
   impassible.  Even if you are granted access, it would not be desirable to
   use said road/bridge.

It's been decided that access=private definitely indicates sitation 1.
 Situation 2 does not have a definite tagging scheme. Except for under
construction.

Zeke