On Sat, Apr 10, 2010 at 04:51, Alex S. <m...@swavely.com> wrote:
> Richard Finegold wrote:
>> see http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/node/53224246 that
>> has "West Lake Sammamish Parkway" as its base name. I'm guessing that
>> the lack of direction prefix was a data mistake.
>
> East...  And no, (IMHO, anyway) it's not a data mistake, though
> including it on West Lk Sam Pkwy
> (http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/node/53223662) *is* (again, IMHO).
>  The 'East' and 'West' in this case are really part of the name.  There
> are numerous similar examples at the other end of the same county.

Thanks for catching my mistake; at first I was going to use 53223662
as the example, but switched.

The data mistake I attempted to refer to was Val's example of "W 3300
S". Alas, Val didn't specify a city, but an example I found is
http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/node/83553388; the signage might
have "3300 S" at the intersection with S Main Street, but it'd only be
at that intersection as a cost-saving measure, and signs naming "W
3300 S" for the westbound branch of that intersection and "E 3300 S"
for eastbound would be equally valid.