On Thursday, August 26, 2010 08:18:10 am, Richard Welty wrote:
> for the community and for OSM, it's about potential. there are
> numerous issues confronting OSM right now. The biggest US
> centric one i can think of right now are the questions about imports
> and Tiger 2010. while OSMF US cannot take a dictatorial position
> (everyone would just point and laugh and walk away), there are
> definitely things OSMF US can do here. i myself think that the
> next board should form an import committee to start developing
> a coherent policy framework and an agreed upon process.
>
> likewise, OSMF US can help with meetups and mapping parties.
>
> OSMF US will continue to work with local committees to organize
> SOTM US every year.

Thanks Ian, Richard, and Serge. OSM US's plans have been a e-mail message here
and there since April, but AFAIK they've yet to be coagulated into one placeā€¦

As such, I support OSM US's plans, and have joined as a member. Thanks for all
the information!

Regards,
Samat

--
Samat K Jain <http://samat.org/> | GPG: 0x4A456FBA

Conscience is the inner voice that warns us somebody is looking.
-- H. L. Mencken (445)