On 3/6/2011 2:30 PM, Paul Johnson wrote:
On 03/05/2011 08:01 PM, Nathan Edgars II wrote:
On 3/5/2011 7:56 PM, Paul Johnson wrote:
For the route selected at http://open.mapquest.com/link/10-TSgZnD38
based on data I know OSM knows about Tulsa, I would be more inclined to
see a route more like http://open.mapquest.com/link/9-Fc1vHAi7 but with
a more direct route taking the motorway_link Skelly Drive to get under I
44 at Darlington.

Why is a frontage road tagged as motorway_link?

It's a freeway in the local/express arrangement, which is common in the
southern plains.

It's a frontage road with driveways and local streets intersecting on both sides. Only the slip ramps between the freeway itself (I-44) and the frontage roads should be tagged highway=motorway_link in the areas with frontage roads.