On 4/10/11 8:22 PM, Nathan Mills wrote:
On Sun, 10 Apr 2011 20:14:18 -0400, Nathan Edgars II wrote:

It's almost like they defined super-groups of counties identified by
those letters. I'll have to crunch that table to see if that's the case
so we could have network=US:CA:S + ref="CR S18". Maybe add an
is_in:county tag to the individual segments to avoid losing that
important info.

How about simply network=US:CA:CR?

That's all well and good for California, but what about states like Arkansas (and Florida, IIRC) where the county road system is not unique to the entire state. I suppose in that case, US:AR:[County] would be the appropriate network value? US:AR:CR would be meaningless.
most of the US, i think, should be using such a system. there is a certain amount
of "US:AR:CR" about, which needs to be fixed in cases where it should
be the county name instead of CR.

richard