On Sun, May 1, 2011 at 1:28 PM, Richard Weait <rich...@weait.com> wrote:
> On Sun, May 1, 2011 at 2:23 PM, Alan Millar <grunthos...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> Yeah...  Every time I go editing in some new place, I always find another
>> reason to hate newbies, too.
>
> I think that is different in a significant way.  It is much easier to
> "fix a newbie" than to fix an import.  And when you do "fix a newbie"
> You've not only fixed their mapping to date, but also their mapping in
> the future, and even the future mapping of the mappers they meet.

Yes, this message has nothing to do with newbies. If newbies are doing
large scale imports then that is just another layer of "DONOTWANT" on
top of existing problems with imports. Imports are *HARD* do to right.
Any import needs to be done by experienced mappers who have
*significant* experience in manual mapping. In my very strongly held
opinion.

Toby