Hi Ian,

On 6/9/11 1:34 PM, Ian Dees wrote:
1) The XML converter should split up the data so that ways and their
nodes are in the same XML file. I *think* my shp-to-osm tries to do
this. If you end up with a bunch of XML files that have 50k node
elements in them then you're doing it wrong [0].

2) Each XML file should contain fewer than the absolute maximum number
of changes allowed by the API and should be uploaded using the diff
upload API endpoint.

I'm using osm-to-shp.jar and it sort of does this. Each file contains its own nodes, and --maxnodes will help create a larger number of small files. If I use --maxnodes 50000 then most files end up with 50k or fewer nodes, but I found one with about 80k nodes.

Is there an option to limit total changes of any type?

3) The upload script should keep track of the response information to
see what nodes actually get uploaded. If I remember correctly there's no
way to know which elements in a diff upload were successful and which
weren't if you receive an error in the reply from the server.

I don't have an upload script - my theory is that we could post the set of xml diff files, ready for editing and let people manually integrate them using an editor (e.g. JOSM) then upload once the NHD data and existing data have been integrated.

cheers
ben

--
Scenery Home Page: http://scenery.x-plane.com/