At 2011-08-21 06:56, Henk Hoff wrote:
A suggestion:
- ... When the road is part of multiple routes, the main route is used. That could be:
** a higher classification prevails  (US over state)
** the continuous route prevails (if route x uses part of route y to get to it's next section, then route y is used).
** the number closed to 0 prevails

I disagree. The semi-colon delimiter should be used. I doubt people could remember which rule to apply, and I don't agree it should be applied anyway, as for any particular roadway, the name by which it is colloquially known is inconsistent. CA example:

I-215 shares routing with SR-60 for a few miles. People in the area still consider it SR-60. It is tagged ref="CA 60;I 215".

SR-79 shares routing with I-15 for a few miles. People in the area still consider it I-15. It is tagged ref="I 15;CA 79".

These actually conform with the second rule above (and the third, but that's entirely coincidental), but I'm sure I can find counter-examples.

--
Alan Mintz <alan_mintz+...@earthlink.net>