In another thread, the subject of high-visibility vests came up and I was
wondering if there were any of these in North America. The wiki says the
existing ones are sold by the OpenCycleMap shop, but they are listed as
"temporarily unavailable". In any case, shipping clothing from Europe is
likely not the best option. Additionally, the vests aren't likely to meet
North American high-visibility standards.

In my day job I deal with high-vis vests too much, so I am familiar with
this subject area.

I believe a vest meeting CSA Z96, ANSI/ISEA 107 with "MOT" style trim would
meet the requirements for use on US federally funded rights of way (See
Federal Register/Vol 71, No 226/Friday November 24, 2006, p. 67792-67800),
BC MOT roadways (Technical Circular T-09/05), other BC roadways (OHSR 8.24 +
G8.24-1), Ontario, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Alberta and I would expect the
rest of North America. The FWHA put the normal price of a vest at $25. The
maximum area of a non-retroreflective logo on a vest is 100 square cm.