On 9/17/12 7:48 PM, Clifford Snow wrote:
I've been doing some work in the North Cascades National Park. It appears that the border between the US and Canada is wrong. Look at http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=48.9841&lon=-121.743&zoom=13&layers=M

It appears that the boarder sags to the south. I see tags man_made = survey_point which would indicate that the border placement is correct. Can anyone recommend how to validate the border placement?
the census bureau borders in TIGER are actually pretty close, try loading them up and doing a comparison.

richard