On Sep 29, 2012 10:05 AM, "Charlotte Wolter" <techl...@techlady.com> wrote:

> **        **I also think it would be great, if we could focus on unedited
> TIGER. That would clean up the map a lot. There may be some technical
> challenges, but overal it would be a good thing.
> **        **I know someone suggested roads without a name, though I think
> there was discussion that would be technically difficult and also might
> produce a lot of focus on country roads and tracks that never have had a
> name. However, if we limit it to roads changed by the redaction, that might
> be one way to restore the names from TIGER that were lost.
> **        **Some things I would like to see in the future include editing
> all the national parks. I know that there is data on their Web sites,
> which, I think, is all public domain. That would be a good thing to do.
>
> Charlotte,
I just finished with Rainier National Park in Washington. There was a lot
of tiger cleanup to do as well as add in trails, camping, etc. I think your
suggestion is great. We should have all of the national parks up to day.

I'm currently working on Mount Baker in Washington but plan to move over to
the Northern Cascades National Park when I'm done. (Anyone good with
mapping glaciers?)

I would also like to make the pitch to map all of our national cemeteries.

Clifford