Bill,
That's good info; nice to have some local examples. There are numerous
examples like, "South East Lake Drive" where directionals could be confused
with names. A couple more that come to me off the top of my head...

1) Charlotte, NC has a road called, "The Plaza".
2) Richmond, VA has a road called simply, "Boulevard".

No, you wouldn't want those names broken up either, but you'd want the
ability to unambiguously specify whatever local convention happens to be.

Thanks for weighing in,

-- SEJ
-- twitter: @geomantic
-- skype: sejohnson8

"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen." --
Einstein