On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 3:44 PM, Alex Barth <a...@mapbox.com> wrote:

> Serge -
>
> Have you thought of simple ways of visualizing the bot changes? Would be
> awesome to have a map of that, no? How would we go about this? Will the bot
> produce a list of way id's that have been changed? Or would we just extract
> them afterwards by looking at changeset comments?

Well as a quick hack I ran the Kansas extract from Geofabrik through
the bot and then put all the modified ways on a map. I just reused the
style from my post-redaction-bot "missing highway" map so it could use
some tweaking but as a rough first draft:

http://ni.kwsn.net/~toby/OSM/maps/expansion-bot.html

Obviously Kansas was already expanded so not very many ways are going
to be affected by the new bot. I guess I might try to add a state out
east although I imagine it will just be a solid sea of red and not
that useful without some additional tweaking.

After the bot runs, it should be possible to make a similar map based
on actual changeset data.

Toby