Okay, so I didn't do the density thing yet, but I've made some other additions
to the TIGER green map that I think are worth mentioning.

I squashed the greens and inverted the blacks so that the map is more legible,
potentially easier to print, and less confusing in the difference between the
no-editors and yes-editors areas. The URLs are all still the same and the map
is here:
        http://www.openstreetmap.us/~migurski/green-means-go/

If you see any black tiles, clear your cache. The old version is now here:
        http://www.openstreetmap.us/~migurski/green-means-go-2013-01-03/

I'm starting to add SEO-friendly, single-geography views. I'm just getting
started, using counties at first. Every county in the lower 48 will be
accessible via a URL like one of these:

http://www.openstreetmap.us/~migurski/green-means-go/Iowa/O'Brien-County.html

http://www.openstreetmap.us/~migurski/green-means-go/California/Alameda-County.html

http://www.openstreetmap.us/~migurski/green-means-go/Illinois/Cook-County.html

http://www.openstreetmap.us/~migurski/green-means-go/California/San-Bernardino-County.html

http://www.openstreetmap.us/~migurski/green-means-go/California/Riverside-County.html

http://www.openstreetmap.us/~migurski/green-means-go/Arizona/Coconino-County.html

http://www.openstreetmap.us/~migurski/green-means-go/Louisiana/East-Baton-Rouge-Parish.html

http://www.openstreetmap.us/~migurski/green-means-go/New-York/New-York-County.html

http://www.openstreetmap.us/~migurski/green-means-go/Virginia/Falls-Church-city.html

The county views are open to suggestions, and quite low on detail for the
moment. What should go on there?

-mike.