On 3/12/13 9:32 PM, Eric Fischer wrote:
Thanks for the helpful comments. At least anecdotally, I think I have
actually seen the TIGER merge lead to more anomalies in gridded areas than
in hills, maybe because people feel more comfortable making minor edits to
mostly-regular grids.

I completely agree that any new ways imported from TIGER will have to be
reviewed manually, if for no other reason because they generally don't
connect to any existing node.

I am intending to produce the additions and adjustments as separate .osc
files that can be examined for correctness in JOSM before being applied.
Would people generally be comfortable with accepting node relocations that
don't cause any ways to overlap themselves without extensive manual review,
and only carefully reviewing additions?

i think the best approach is to manually review early ones to develop some
comfort level with the non-overlapping case.

richard