On 5/31/13 3:15 PM, Frederic Julien wrote:
Dear all,

I'm working on a presentation and interested to hear your thoughts. What are
the top 2-3 changes that could improve OSM data quality? That could be
processes, tools, methods, training, peer review, attributes, etc.

at one level, i agree with Clifford Snow's comment that first you need
to define data quality.

at another level, i think that we can talk about the following:

1) consistency in tagging. editor improvements, better documentation, better
    training materials can all help with this

2) improved processes and controls for data import (this is work that is happening on the US import committee). there are a lot of imports of the past that suffer from Quality Control issues, and lots of imports that never should have been
    done because of problems with the data quality.

3) in the US (and you did ask on talk-us), identifying and dealing with the shaky Tiger data from the 2007 tiger import. some of this has been done, but it's an ongoing effort and is one of those things that is easier to say than it is to do

richard