On Sat, Jun 8, 2013 at 3:18 PM, KerryIrons <irons54vor...@sbcglobal.net>wrote:

> So Paul, what you really want is advocacy mapping.  Not mapping reality
> but mapping what you want to have.  It comes as a great surprise to me that
> this is what OSM is all about.  Do you think this is the consensus of the
> OSM community?  I thought OSM’s goal was to “accurately describe the world”
> but you are saying it is also advocacy.

No, that's not what I'm advocating, and honestly, the way you're
approaching this now, I really have to be wondering if you're being
deliberately obtuse.  Because if that's actually where you're coming from,
you're essentially saying that the USBR system is a pipe dream.  I'm not
ready to buy that argument because the premise is fundamentally flawed on a
level amounting to argumentum ad absurdum.