Possible drivers of quality:

   1. Peer reviewing, as a social gateway to community engagement with new
   mappers.

   2. Hiring a physiologist on retainer to understand obsessed trolls like
   NE2, and respond appropriately.

   3. Supporting single feature mappers.  There's a vibrant community of
   people who collect narrow data: for example RV dump stations.  Not everyone
   has to be an area mapper.

   4. Building tools that make it more awkward to make common mistakes.
   For example certain tags could be semi-locked (producing a educational
   warning message when altered).  "source" is a candidate tag for this.

   5. Building tools that show "before and after" as a visual "diff" prior
   to upload.

   6. A point system that unlocks capabilities as a mapper progresses.  For
   example new accounts may be able to edit only 10 features at a time.
   Accounts can earn and unlock additional capability with successful edits.

   7. Ongoing data imports (e.g. conflating a store's database of hours
   with OSM's cache of the same data).

   8. Using select import projects to grow the mapping community.

   9. Focusing on finding niches where Open Street Map gets used by people
   with no (current) interest in mapping.  We can't compete with Google Maps
   for driving directions: but we can *blow Google Maps away* in a huge
   variety of other ways.  *Focus on what map products would be compelling
   not to create, but to view.*