You may want to double-check with the Post Office, to find out whether there is
the possibility that there may legitimately be outliers in some cases.  I don't
think the US Post Office guarantees that zip codes will always define a single
polygon with no outliers.

Clifford Snow <cliff...@snowandsnow.us> wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 30, 2013 at 2:13 PM, Eric Fischer <e...@pobox.com> wrote:
>
> > Or if you just want the US zip code polygons and don't care if you
> get
> > them from OSM or somewhere else, you could just download the
> shapefile of
> > Census Zip Code Tabulation Areas from
> > http://www2.census.gov/geo/tiger/TIGER2013/ZCTA5/
> >

> It's the OSM data I'm after. I'd like to do a test to make sure that
> there
> are no outliers. I would expect that I should be able to construct a
> polygon from zip codes. If not, then there it might mean an import
> problem.
> I'm going to try Mike's suggestion of increasing the timeout. I did
> increase it, but not as much as suggested.
>

> --
> Clifford

John F. Eldredge -- j...@jfeldredge.com
"Darkness cannot drive out darkness:
only light can do that.  Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that."
-- Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.