Hello,

I was just wondering what's been going on with rendering the highway
shields. I haven't heard anything about it for a while. The last time
anything was mentioned about this was in late-July when it was announced
that the tiles were put up on the OSM-US server--and that was only meant to
be a preview. I know that the code has to be changed to work with the new
Carto stylesheet, but I didn't expect that to take so long. Sorry if I
sound impatient, but I've been waiting patiently for the past two months.

Also, I have noticed that the shields for bannered WA State routes (Spur,
Alternate) are not rendering. I emailed Phil Gold (creator of the awesome
shield rendering) about this almost a month ago, but he never responded so
this hasn't been fixed. Anyway, I'd appreciate it if this can get addressed.

Thanks for coming up with the whole highway shield rendering. I really
appreciate the effort, because the shields are a 154% improvement over the
current way of displaying highway numbers. I appreciate your efforts on
getting this whole project completed. Unfortunately I'm not a programmer,
but if there's anything I can help with, let me know.

All WA State Hwys. are now ready for shields (that is, they all have
relations), but are the shields ready for display on the slippy map? I hope
they will be soon.

Thanks, Compdude