* Evin Fairchild <evindf...@gmail.com> [2013-10-09 19:54 -0700]:
> I emailed Phil Gold (creator of the awesome shield rendering) about this
> almost a month ago, but he never responded so this hasn't been fixed.

Er, sorry about that.  I've been extremely busy for about the past two
months, and probably won't really have time to dedicate to the shields for
at least another month or two.

I did start experimenting with carto a while back, so when I have time for
the shields again, that'll be a high priority item since, based on my
experience so far, I don't think it'll be too hard to work in to the new
stylesheet.