To be clear, we (as in, the OSM-US Board and Bonnie, our conference
organizer) are totally open to getting proposals from anywhere. We didn't
receive any during the CfP period and have been working on selecting a
location of our own. We aren't all the way there yet though, so more info
is welcome.

I'm just giving a constrained timeline because we are well past the CfP
deadline and need to lock in a venue soon. Do let us know if you start
pulling together a proposal-- we'll be eager to see what you come up with!

Best,
Kathleen