A center of my universe right now are national bicycle routes. Check the simply poppin' status table at our WikiProject page http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/WikiProject_U.S._Bicycle_Route_System#Proposed_USBRs_in_OSM

Especially with our local connection of a new bike bridge shovel-begun yesterday. You know, one of those photo opportunities with the grinning council members in hard hats, steam-shovel in the background (but not the black clad, sign carrying, otherwise silent "bye bye greenbelt" folks). There IS always lively conversation around here.

Seriously, national bike routes are totally charged with electric lightning right now. New routes seed, grow and visually feed back. This is truly a wide (national, statewide, locally) visual conversation done partly geographically. So far, so good. Useful map we have here!

SteveA
California